Submissions for the draft Tolland Concept Masterplan are now closed.
Council placed the draft Tolland Concept Masterplan on public exhibition for a period of 42 days from 11 September to 24 October 2023. The community was invited to make submissions during this time via the online portal. Community drop-in BBQs were held by LAHC and Council to provide the community with the opportunity to ask questions in-person.
What will happen next?
Council will collate and review the submissions received.
- Council will work with LAHC to identify potential updates to the draft Masterplan, based on the submissions received.
- Once finalised, the Masterplan will be reported to Council – all submitters will be notified of the relevant Council Meeting date.
Any questions relating to the draft Tolland Renewal Masterplan may be referred to Chloe Boyd on 1300 292 442 or NSW Land and Housing Corporation on 1800 738 718.
About the draft Masterplan
The original Tolland Estate was developed and built between the 1970s and 1990s.
There are almost 1,200 social housing dwellings located within the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area, around 800 of which are concentrated in four suburbs or estates such as Tolland. The remaining 400 dwellings are scattered across the Local Government Area, mainly in older established areas of Wagga Wagga.
Renewing the Tolland Estate, as well as replacing older houses with more and better social housing across the Local Government Area, is LAHC's long-term objective.
The draft Masterplan seeks to deliver a mix of new social, affordable and private housing fit for the needs of residents, improved green spaces such as parks and outdoor communal areas, increased road connectivity and pathways, and increased recognition of Tolland’s First Nations history.
The draft Masterplan identifies the following key features
- introduction of a new public open space spine, from south-west to north-east, connecting to the existing Chambers Park and drainage corridor above Bruce Street.
- encouragement of medium-density development adjacent to the existing and proposed open space, as well as in key interfaces.
- creation of enhanced road connections, through the removal of several existing cul-de-sacs and delivery of through-streets.
Who should I speak to if I have questions?
The draft Tolland Concept Masterplan is a collaborative project between several different organisations. These organisations each have specific areas of expertise. To ensure your question is answered as efficiently and accurately as possible, please refer to the table below.
In this process, Council is acting as a planning authority. It is considering the land use planning opportunities and constraints that come about because of the draft Masterplan.
If you can’t find your question below, please call Wagga Wagga City Council on 1300 292 442, who will be able to assist you in identifying the appropriate agency to contact.
|Question||Agency Contact Details|
| || |
Wagga Wagga City Council
Phone: 1300 292 442
| || |
NSW Land and Housing Corporation
Phone: 1800 738 718