Development of a new professional standard basketball facility is underway, with the project to build one new undercover half-sized court and upgrade to the existing court. This work is being completed by 3 x 3 Championship Basketball League and Court N Hoops, supported by Wagga Wagga City Council.
The redevelopment of the courts aims to bring a high-quality basketball facility to the Riverside precinct. Both courts will be equipped with state-of-the-art resources that are of Olympic Games standard.
This project will allow for use by the local community and top league competitions of 3 x 3 basketball to be held in Wagga Wagga.
When completed, the facility will feature:
- One new 3 x 3 covered basketball court
- Upgrade of existing basketball court hoop
- Installation of local First Nations artwork
- Installation of lighting, seating and security cameras
- Federation Internationale de Basketball Amateur (FIBA) endorsed rubber playing surface and hoops.
Due for completion in 2024.
No other areas of the Riverside precinct will be affected by the construction.
This work is funded by Wagga Wagga City Council, Champions League Basketball (CLB), Court N Hoops, and the NSW Government through the Indigenous Art Project Funding.