Wagga Wagga City Council aims to activate the Bolton Park Precinct, turning it into a sports hub that attracts athletes, officials, and tourists. This project will play a significant role in boosting Wagga Wagga's growth and reputation.
Stage 1 of the project is to redevelop the Jim Elphick Tennis Centre into a nationally significant tennis venue.
The tennis centre will be the new home to a number of local tennis clubs and will also be used for regional and national competitions.
When completed, the facility will feature:
- eight International Tennis Federation standard courts
- seven additional community courts
- multi-use hot shot court and hitting wall
- two multi-use netball courts
- clubhouse with amenities and a spectator viewing area.
The project also includes returning Geoff Lawson Oval to its original oval shape which will allow a wider range of uses.
The upgrades will facilitate a wide range of recreation activities attracting visitors to Wagga Wagga and acting as a gateway to the CBD area.
Proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with Wagga Wagga City Council and Tennis NSW.
The contributions are as follows:
- NSW Government – $5 million
- Wagga Wagga City Council - $1.97 million
- Tennis NSW - $1.25 million