About the Project
Wagga Wagga City Council is upgrading the Wagga Wagga Athletics track. This area will be a catalyst for bringing athletes, officials and tourists to the region.
The revitalised space and new infrastructure will be used to hold sporting events varying from regional to national competitions and be a premier location for people of all abilities to train and play sport.
An all weather 400m synthetic track, site drainage and automatic irrigation, long jump runways, warm area, shot put throwing circles, steeplechase pit, javelin runways, discus throw cage and high jump runway will facilitate a wide range of athletic disciplines attracting athletes and visitors to Wagga Wagga.
When completed, facility will provide:
- Increased economic activity from tourism due to the number of regional, state and national events held in the city.
- A healthier community due to an increase in the numbers of community members engaged in active recreation.
- Significant savings that will be generated from reduced maintenance and irrigation.
- Identified elite pathways, utilising first class facilities enabling home-grown talent.
Proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with Wagga Wagga City Council.
- NSW Government - $2,741,255
- Wagga City Council - $1,370,628